Eaton Wiring USB-C Receptacles
May 2, 2018Back to all News »
Eaton’s USB Type-C (USB-C) receptacles allow fast, convenient and efficient charging of Type-C electronic devices in residential and commercial spaces. The USB-C receptacle eliminates clutter by presenting adapter-free Type-C charging for compatible electronic devices, including tablets, digital cameras, gaming devices and mobile phones.
The Type-C ports feature the ability to deliver optimized charging by recognizing the requirements of attached devices and by simultaneously charging any two devices with up to 3A charging capacity.
- Standard AC receptacle with two USB-C ports rated at a combined 5.0A
- Dual USB-C charging ports charge most electronic devices that comply with the USB-C standard
- Tamper resistant shutters provide compliance with 2017 NEC® Article 406.12 that states that all 15A and 20A, 125V receptacles installed in dwelling units must be tamper resistant
- Replaces a standard duplex receptacle
- Automatic grounding system eliminates need for bonding jumper in grounded metal enclosure, provides redundant measure of ground continuity where jumper is used
- Thermoplastic top and back-body are virtually unbreakable to deliver years of durable performance
- Steel mounting strap is zinc plated for added corrosion resistance
- Convenient patented built-in wire strippers speed installation
- Triple wipe blade contacts and double wipe ground contacts to insure long-term blade retention
Download the datasheet for more information