Hammond Water-Tight Enclosures
September 17, 2019Back to all News »
Hammond 1557 Series Watertight Enclosures
Hammond's 1557 Series of Water-Tight enclosures feature a modern look with soft curves, while still providing the rugged design and water-tight protection of more traditional industrial enclosures. 1557 series enclosures are also versatile, offering three different "modes:" heavy duty flange wall-mount, flush wall-mount, and desktop/ tabletop.
- Ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards or DIN rail mounted components (see photo features below for details).
- Can be used in a tabletop configuration or two different wall-mount configurations.
- Rounded corners and face provide a more modern look while still offering superior water-tight ratings.
- Available in black or gray ABS plastic
- ABS Versions are molded from general purpose material which carries a flammability rating of UL94-HB. For indoor use.
- Polycarbonate versions are UV stabilized for outdoor use and carry a UL94-5VA flammability rating. For indoor or outdoor use.
- Polycarbonate versions are cUL and UL 508A listed (File # E65324). ABS plastic versions are not UL listed.
- Gasketed lid with two piece “tongue & groove” construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Gasket is one piece made from high temperature, U.L. listed silicone.
- ABS versions are designed to meet IP66
- Lid is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into integral stainless steel bushings for repetitive assembly & disassembly. All hardware is stainless steel to avoid corrosion caused by dissimilar metals.
Download the datasheet for more information